Kobe Bryant & ‘Gigi’ Bryant
1 hour ago
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant were traveling to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks, California, for basketball practice when the crash occurred. Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY Sports
- NBA icon Kobe Bryant, 41, died in a helicopter crash on Sunday in Calabasas, California.
- His second-oldest daughter, Gianna “Gigi” Bryant, was also killed in the accident,
- She was 13 years old.
Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant died Sunday in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, at 41 years old.
TMZ has confirmed that his second-oldest daughter, Gianna “Gigi” Bryant, was also killed in the accident. She was 13 years old.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski independently confirmed the report.
Sources: Kobe Bryant was on his way to a travel basketball game with his daughter Gianna when the helicopter crashed. Those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent.
According to TMZ, the pair was traveling to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks, California, for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. They were among at least five people confirmed dead in the accident, including another player and parent. Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, is not thought to be among them.
Kobe Bryant passed his love of the game on to Gianna. They had been spotted sitting courtside at NBA games in recent months, and Kobe said she aspired to one day play college basketball for UConn.
- Read more:
- The sports world is reacting to the sudden and tragic death of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant says there are WNBA stars who ‘could most certainly keep up’ in the NBA
- Kobe Bryant, 41, dies in helicopter crash in Calabasas, California
- Giannis Antetokounmpo says the Zion Williamson has put the NBA on notice: ‘The whole league knows you’re going to be a beast’